Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fruits of the labor, Psalm 128:2

This has been a great year to start gardening, according to my parents anyway, as this has been my and Jeremy's first year to do anything besides flowers and herbs. This is just some of the variety of stuff we've harvested. The peaches are from two 3-year old trees Mom gave Dad for Father's day and they have been loaded down, literally so much so that one of the major branches broke (so unfortunately Dad said they wouldn't be this bountiful next year). We've made peach butter and preach freezer jam and we're planning to can some when they ripen up a little more. Yum yum, delicious!My nephew Radnor is turning 2 this week and his party was this past Saturday. Caleb thought it was a blast getting to play with someone else's toys and Radnor obviously enjoyed the chainsaw cake his mother made. It was finger-licking good. What a cutie- Happy Birthday Rad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a classic picture of your parents with the produce! I can remember, several years ago, entire rolls of film just of their produce. I am so jealous of that garden haul! What fun, but also what work. Thanks for coming to the party! Rad loved all of his gifts, though we had to designate that hammer toy to the carpet only areas. Your ears will ring for days if they hammer on that on the hardwood floors for long! He now has his upstairs toys and his downstairs toys!

Seth said...

I totally can't wait to get into that peach butter. I wonder if I can get one of jars on the plane with me to bring back.