Friday, August 8, 2008

Baby Shower Cake

This is a cake I made for my friend Kat's baby shower. She is due next month and is having a baby boy and they are naming him Griffin. I was overall pretty pleased with the end result as far as taste and presentation, but I need to work on my icing and decorating skills. I wish I had been able to smooth the sides better and I wish I had rounded out the beading around the top and bottom layers of the cake. Actually, I wish I had just asked my sister-in-law Karina to decorate it- her cakes are so cute and so much more professional looking than mine! She did offer me a great tip on smoothing out the beading, so I'll use that next time. The shower was really fun and I got to meet some of Kat's friends that live around this area. Kat got lots of cute gifts for the baby too and we played a great game of "Name that baby food." Congratulations Kat and Andrew!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Thanks so much! I looooved the cake and thought it was perfect! Thanks for doing that and putting so much thought into it! I hope we see you again soon. I might hire you to make the cake for the next shower I throw!

Jane said...

I thought the cake was wonderful! In fact, ALL the food was great. Thank you so much for doing that for my sweet daughter in law. I enjoyed meeting you and your family.

Vanessa said...

I think the cake is great! Certainly to Josh and Rad, it was beyond compare!

heatherhinkson said...

Looks good to me! Much better than we could've done. (Abby and Heather)