Monday, June 29, 2009

Watch out, they come fully loaded!

So good morning. I'm up early because about 4:30 this am when I changed Eli's diaper he decided to shoot poop out like a machine gun. It went all over me and all over the bed. And I had just washed our sheets on Saturday. Fun, huh? He's shot out poop a couple of times before mid diaper change, but was yet to hit me. I remember thinking when I washed our bedspread (due to his poopage), "Well, at least it wasn't on you or the carpet." Now that he's hit me, I'm wondering how long our carpet will be safe! I'm at least washable and pretty much stain proof, but our carpet on the other hand (which we just had replaced a few months ago- I know, smart considering we have 2 little boys under 3), is not! Oh well, nothing like a sh_tastrophe as Jeremy likes to call them!
On a positive note, because I was up so early I was able to shower (YAY!) and remove the poop from myself, cook a batch of crepes from batter I had made on Saturday that had been refrigerating and have a much needed chat with the hubster. Funny how things can somehow work out for the best. By the way this picture is not from this morning. After cleaning up the poop mess on the bed, which Eli managed to sleep through, I nursed him and he drifted off to never, neverland- where he still is and why I was able to complete this post. I have now been joined by my beloved 2 year old- he's up and smiling! I love my boys!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Oh the joy of the pooponator! You have such a good attitude about it! The only time G pooped all over me was when I was changing him in the car on the way home from Knoxville....good times!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to that stage again, but certainly not the explosive poops!

Laura said...

Funny how life's "little" blessings come :)

Seth said...

Way to go, Eli.