Saturday, June 13, 2009

This is not the most pleasant thing to see, but I had to post because I know my brother Seth will be interested. Eli's finger finally came off this past Tuesday or Wednesday (I can't remember which day exactly). The doctor tied it off at his first checkup and said it would probably take 4-5 days to fall off- uh, that would be a NO. It took like 8 or 9 days. It was looking pretty nasty the few days prior to it falling off and was oozing some yellow crusty stuff around the base. I think it was bothering him too, because anytime you rubbed against it he would grimace or cry. So, we are very thankful it finally came off and is now just a small scabbed area. Caleb was quite interested in his brother's finger, as were numerous other family members. The first few days after it had been tied off it began turning gray with the small nail part turning black. Caleb affectionately said while looking at his brother one day, "What's that pea doing?" He couldn't have described it more perfectly as Eli's finger did look like a black-eyed pea!No extra finger in this picture!
Eli also had his first bath, which he did not seem to enjoy! Hopefully next bath will be more enjoyable!We had the great privelege of celebrating my sister's 36th birthday with her and her kids! And how wonderful that Eli was in on the celebration as it was his first time to meet his KY family.Sister, you don't look a day over 18, if that!And last but not least, my handsome doozer who is 2 1/2!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is amazing that his finger was tied off! I'm glad he didn't need surgery.

Seth said...

Indeed I am. Thanks. Are you going to keep it?