Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The parents garden

We have had the wonderful benefit of living close enough to my parents to enjoy the delicious fruits from their garden! I had every intention this year of being a major player in the "work" of the garden, because it is without a doubt some tough work, but alas, I have not held up to my intentions! I doubt my parents will plan on my involvement in the future, thus potentially downsizing their crops. It is a wonderful things to have a garden, one I will hopefully undertake myself someday. Pumpkins in July, a bit like Christmas in July, but not
Okra blooms. We made this okra recipe a couple of weeks ago and it was every bit as delcious and easy as it looks! I will be making it again very soon!
Tommy Toes - Oh so good on a salad or just eaten by the handful!
Peas, Squash, Tomatoes, Corn
More of the same, different angle

No comments: