Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Look Who's Walking Now!

After 2 months of taking a step or two, Eli is walking! I think he took his first step back in May, but then his balance seemed to be terribly thrown off by suffering from repeated ear infections. He has been a complete teeter-totter and it has been so funny to watch! I know they say kids are all different, but it could not be more true of my two.
As far a physical capabilities, Caleb has beem more advanced with gross motor skills. He was crawling at 6 1/2 months and then walking at 11 1/2 months. Eli, on the other hand, crawled at about 7 1/2 months and walked at around 13 months. In comparing their fine motor skills, Eli has been more advanced. He was able to use a sippy cup about the first time I offered him one- I think around 6 months and he could easily drink through a straw by 11 months. In contrast, Caleb was close to a year before he was drinking well from a sippy cup and probably didn't master a straw until problably 15 months (some of this however, could be due to the fact that he had less opportunity to practice from a straw than Eli). I know these are not huge differences, but they are interesting and intriguing to me. Precious, precious boys!!!! Now, if I could ever get them to consistently nap at the same time!

1 comment:

Seth said...

Those are great. Doesn't seem like too long ago I was watching the videos of Caleb learning to walk.