Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Potty-training

Caleb has been doing exceptionally well the last day or so of his potty-training. He had ZERO poopy or pee pee accidents yesterday. He is still wearing a pull-up for naps and a diaper at night, but we are thrilled with his daytime success! We have been giving him life-savers for every successful trip to the potty, but that has now changed to just when he poops. Yesterday he must have pooped 4 or 5 times on the potty- a couple of 'big' ones and a couple of 'little' ones. His very last one was somewhat loose, so I just quickly flushed the toilet after wiping him off (Oh the joys of motherhood!). Anyway, after I flushed it he said, "Can you flush that back up? I didn't see it." I couldn't help but bust out laughing. I quickly explained that once it's flushed, it's flushed- THANK GOODNESS! He usually inspects what he has done in the potty after he is finished as I think he is still somewhat surprised by what happens- sort of like, "How'd that get there?" I have to say 3 is turning out to be a fun age!

2 comments:

Seth said...

Do some people outgrow the stage of checking out their "creation"? Whmmm. Guess I never did.

Anonymous said...

Seth beat me to the punch. I was going to say that he got that from his uncles. Radnor has taken to saying, Wow! That's a man-sized poop!" Definitely got that one from his Daddy.