Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wilson County Fair

This year was my first year to attend the Wilson County Fair, and I've lived here most of my life. I think anyway, I do seem to remember attending as a teen, but it is a foggy memory at best, which shows just how much of an impression it made on me! But, having talked my mom into entering somethings in the food events and having a 3 year old who seemed to be very interested in the "rides," we thought we'd give it a go. It was a lot of fun, but incredibly hot too.
My husband, the druggist."Holy Cow"
Snacking on peaches.
Caleb enjoyed the ride with his daddy.
Solo? Not so much!
Eli managed to take it all in stride.
My mom's "superb" and now "blue-ribbon" croissants.
The Grand Champion of Yeast Breads- Go Mom!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, I would love to have her recipes, if they aren't secret!

Katie J said...

I'll email them to you Laura. The secret is in the sourdough starter. I'm sure Mom would be happy to share some with you if you don't have any. Next time you are out this way, just give her a call and she can get you some. It's one of those things were you have to feed it once a week or something like that. It also makes delcious sourdough loaf bread.