Thursday, September 23, 2010

Girls Trip

I recently had the privelege to make my first official "girls trip" with 3 of my best friends from high school. It was a great trip and served to reconnect me with my friends and provide for some needed downtime away from my house or should I say man cave! Plus, Eli had showed no signs of giving up nursing and as a last resort, Jeremy and I thought the physical serpartion might be necessary (sidenote, he had been eating well and really seemed to be using my for a paci 3-4 times a day). At 15 1/2 months old he was the same age as when I weaned Caleb, so I felt good about the timing. And this was our first overnight separation. According to his daddy, he did beautifully the entire weekend! And I could not say enough about the wonderful man I married. He had the children for the better part of 3 days and managed wonderfully! He did tell me, however, he had seen the other (my) side of things and understood me better- icing on the cake! I know if I had to work in the pharmacy at Vanderbilt for just a wee bit, no doubt I would come away from the experience with a new appreciation for all that Jeremy does for us. So, let's hope I can take that knowledge into account without the experience and be a more loving, godly and understanding wife. St. Louis was our destination and it was a blast!
Me and Rachel
Eating at a famous pizza place - appropriately named for all of you algebra lovers.
Cara and Robyn
Riding up the Arch (think of crawling up inside a super capacity dryer- with 4 other people- the lady who rode with us was nice enough to take this picture for us)
Until next time girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! Glad it was a good trip for you.