Saturday, August 14, 2010

Zoo Day

July 31st, 2010 we went to the zoo because it was our last day to be able to go on our current membership and we had decided not to renew (for awhile anyway). Uncle Luke went with us and was quite the help!

And it was HOT. And I mean HOT!"Must have drink now before I dehydrate."Said drink- $5.99 for all day refills. Yeah, we shared some backwash but I wouldn't call the zoo a germ free place anyway. Iccee's in a variety of flavors: cherry, blue raspberry, apple and finally, for daddy only, coke.What a very nutritious thing to feed your 14 month old. I doubt he or Caleb either one had ever had that much sugar in one day but it was hotter than, well, a cat on a hot tin roof, and we couldn't do ice cream so this was the next best thing. Gotta love Tennesse in July. Remember this time last year though? It was really too cold to go swimming. I guess to be truthful I'd rather it be triple digits in July than too cold to swim!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have gone with you...sort of. The company would have been great, but the heat might have done me in!

Seth said...

Looks miserable, but I would have liked to have been there.