Sunday, July 19, 2009

Antics of the Jenkins Boys

What happens when you leave your 2 1/2 year old to himself for just a minute when you receive a phone call? He pulls the bottom oven drawer open, stands on it so he can reach the salt shaker and dumps salt all over the stove, kitchen cabinets and kitchen floor. Seriously, I am still feeling grit under my feet when I'm in the kitchen and I have vacuumed, swept and mopped!
Some fun smiles with Eli after his bath.
What happens at night when you brush your teeth after putting your 2 1/2 year old to bed? He quietly goes into your guest bedroom where he finds a marker (blue, permanent I might add) and in the couple of minutes you are taking care of personal hygiene, he draws all over the sheets and pillows. After I brushed my teeth I thought to myself, "I'd better check on Mr. Caleb because things seemed too quiet after he (supposedly) went to bed." Well, upon looking in his bedroom and seeing his bed empty, I panicked thinking, "Oh no, he's somehow figured out the deadbolts and gone outside!" I immediately began calling Caleb's name and to my relief he answered, "I'm in here." The pictures below, along with Caleb sitting in the middle of the bed holding the marker, are what greeted me when I went into the guest bedroom. Anyone know how to remove permanent marker from sheets?

Eli's not to sure about this toy we borrowed from my brother and sister-in-law. It may take some time for it to grow on him!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! At least Caleb wasn't outside :)

The look on Eli's face is great!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, Caleb! Don't be giving your cousin any ideas!