Sunday, July 20, 2008

Konnichiwa?

One of the few Japanese words I remember from our trip to Japan a few years ago is the general greeting Konnichiwa (pronounced Koh NEE chewah), meaning good afternoon. Well, it seems Caleb has decided to speak Japanese or some other foreign language as opposed to learning his parents native tongue of good ole' American Southern English. We're not complaining, however, because we're just glad he is finally saying something!! He might be saying "birthday" in this video because we had just hung up the Happy Birthday sign for celebrating Jeremy's birthday and I'm sure I was saying something about Daddy's birthday, but I couldn't tell you anything else about his ramblings.

4 comments:

the Jacksons said...

OH MY GOSH!! (I think I start off all my comments like that haha) where's baby Caleb?!!! Who is that little man in the video! Katie, he's just not a baby anymore! Unreal. Blows my mind. And I think he's definitely saying "Birthday" in the video...several times! haha

Seth said...

Alright. Way to go, Caleb. I expect him to be able to say "Seth" by the time I come in September.

Anonymous said...

Whatever you say, Cabo! Hope the party went well.

heatherhinkson said...

I think I also hear him saying "Caber"