Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First Popcorn and Favorite Books

Caleb recently had his first taste of popcorn. I was somewhat apprehensive about letting him have any because sometimes he stuffs food in his mouth and with popcorn this poses an even greater choking risk. Caleb is now more attentive to being given instructions, so with careful supervision from his daddy, they shared the treat. Caleb, along with his daddy, loved it! He wanted more and asked for popcorn the next day.
In other news in Jenkins land, Caleb has recently taken to new reading material. No, it's not the latest Dr. Seuss or Disney book, but rather a catalog we received in the mail from Toys R Us. He asked me to read it to him for his bedtime story 3 or 4 nights in a row. Imagine, my child is learning that the big beautiful playset is "$100 off" and other various toys are "20% off" or "$8 off." For some reason this was just hilarious to me. And trust me, it is not for lack of books that Caleb would take to a catalog. He has more books than any other child I know his age thanks to his cousins- in fact, we don't even have them all out due to lack of room. I love this age with him even though there is the obvious "Terrible Two's" in there as well. He makes us laugh all the time!

1 comment:

Seth said...

And consumerism begins its inroads. I remember spending hours looking at Lego catalogs. It only fostered discontent and covetousness, but that's just me. Maybe Caleb's still too young to understand, but he won't be for long.