Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life is Random

Okay, so here is some random stuff we've had going on.

#1. These are my tomatoes. Great huh? This is a type of cherry tomato plant especially meant for container gardening. We have so much shade around our house that I didn't think I could do very well with regular tomato plants, (even though I did finally decide to set out 2 regular tomato plants around our patio where some some sun does come through during part of the day just to see what would happen). Anyway, the exciting thing about this plant is if you can see, there are actually 2 tomatoes on it!!! They are tiny, but they are there!


#2. Here are some of my other gardening projects.

Herbalicious!

My prize-winning clematis. Okay, I can say that because I had absolutely NOTHING to do with this beautiful vine- except I did not cut it down when it was all brown and ugly. Previous homeowners planted it and we are just enoying the fruit of their labor.

My hosta garden. I think I have ~10 different varieties of hostas in this little garden, plus a fern and heuchera. Some of the hostas are miniature and they are so cute! I have my dear mother-in-law to thank for this patch of plants. This is the second time she has supplied me with hostas for a garden. The previous one we left in Farmville for the new homeowners of our old house to enjoy. Oh, the most fun in making this garden was moving all the rocks - if you live in Wilson County, TN, you better learn to be creative with rocks!

Our front porch garden. The only thing in the front of our house in terms of landscaping when we first moved in was a couple of dead bushes that didn't survive the drought from last year, some crazy scraggly trees, a deep hole that gave evidence of a previous living something with big roots and a TON, TON of weeds. Some hardwork, a couple of big loads of dirt, some help from my dad and my mother-in-law's nursery of a yard really helped to transform it! Plus, quite a few trips to Lowe's to purchase some azaleas, rhododendrons and other plants (with my aunts help!). The work isn't quite complete, but we are happy with our progress so far.


#3. Here is my youngest brother Luke's only partially finished (thankfully) haircut.

Any ladies looking for a man from the 80's? Seriously, the haircut looked good when it was finished- minus the mullet and all and he even trimmed his beard!

Last, but definitely not least, some of Caleb and his daddy having a good time.

What's the lion say? "Aaaaa!"

What's the lion say (2nd time)? "RRRRRRoar!"

Caleb and the floor had an unfortunate meeting...... and the floor won. All Caleb was left with was a nice busted lip and a scraped up nose.

Caleb and his daddy doing their best Elvis impersonations with Caleb's busted lip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Caleb! Luckily they seem to heal overnight!
Only a real sister gets to post the mullet picture on her blog. I alluded to it, but I was too chicken to actually post it! I love your plants. You are definitly making progress with the yard. And congratulations on the tomatoes!

Seth said...

Luke's haircut is one of the coolest ever. You'd have to be pretty sure of yourself to wear that one out.