Thursday, November 15, 2007

Caleb's 1 Year Old!






We took Caleb to Huey's to have their World Famous Burgers for his first birthday. I know, sounds pretty cheesy (No pun intended!), but we're having a party for him next week after Thanksgiving so we thought we'd celebrate by eating out on his actual birthday since Caleb loves French fries (all my dietitian friends will read this and cringe!). It was a fun evening and the burgers and fries were great. I can't believe my baby's a year old and I can't believe we made it a year breastfeeding, which was our ultimate goal. I remember thinking when Caleb was born, "Okay, breastfeed while you're in the hospital and then we'll see if we can do it at home." Then it was, "Okay, let's make it 6 weeks." Then it was, "Okay, let's make it 2 months." I had to tell myself that each month while always thinking in the back of my mind that there are only 12 months to make it a year. Numerous times I thought we wouldn't make it and then we'd wind up doing it another day and well, those days turned into 12 months! It wasn't easy, but I am so glad we made it (who knows when Caleb will be finished breastfeeding; at this point I think I'm just going to let him wean himself as he may be somewhat allergic to cow's milk- I'm not saying I plan on nursing him until he's 2, but if we made it this far, we can make it another month or two- plus, with the holidays and our move to Nashville, I don't think now is a good time to try and forcefully wean him). Oh well, this was not intended to be about me, but about Caleb turning a year old!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does Caleb look like he's filling out a little? Cute pictures! I am so proud of you for making it a whole year breastfeeding! That is a wonderful accomplishment and so good for Caleb. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Caleb's Family said...

I do think Caleb is filling out some Karina! Sometimes it is so funny- I have to laugh at his gut. It hangs over his pants, which is so hilarious. In fact Jeremy said he was getting a beer gut. Since he doesn't drink, it must be a cheerios, puffs, applejuice and/or breastmilk gut. Ha Ha! We're looking forward to seeing you guys too! Love ya, Katie

Seth said...

Don't worry, Caleb. I was a pretty chunky baby, too. We'll get you started on that exercise routine as soon as I come back. We can also probably go ahead and start you on a breast milk protein shake if your mom is willing to pump. We'll wait a while on the creatine. I don't think it's recommended for those under the age of 2.